Because every store is different, ConsignCloud is made to work with most hardware setups. Our recommended options below tend to be the most popular with customers as a balance of price and reliability. If you run into any problems during setup, since we're more familiar with these products we're more likely to be able to help.
If you'd like to select different hardware, that's great! Many of our customers use hardware from a previous business or software vendor. Just be aware that our support staff might not be able to help much with tech support.
- A computer or tablet with internet access and the most recent version of either Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. ConsignCloud is built with modern web technologies and will work best with a device made within the last few years. Keep in mind that using a tablet may limit your other hardware options.
- A Star TSP100 receipt printer. Any of the USB, Bluetooth, or Ethernet/LAN models will work with ConsignCloud, but we recommend the USB version (Star TSP100 TSP143U) because it's compatible with the most devices. In any case, you'll need to confirm that your choice is compatible with the computer you're using.
- A DYMO Labelwriter 450 Turbo for item labels. When you order labels, you may use any label size you'd like. The two most popular options are 2.25" x 1.25" (DYM30334) and 3.5" x 2" (DYM30374). Smaller sizes (like 1" x 1") can work, but be aware that they may jam your printer more often and may not be large enough to print certain barcodes.
- A barcode scanner. We recommend a Bluetooth-enabled device like the TEEMI Bluetooth Barcode Scanner because it's compatible with the most devices.
- If you want to print your own checks, you'll need a MICR-compatible printer, ink, and checks. We recommend the VersaCheck HP Deskjet 1112MX, along with VersaInk-Nano Ink and VersaCheck Security Business Checks.
- We will ship you a terminal when you sign up for integrated credit card processing — no need to do your own shopping here!
At ConsignCloud, we don't sell hardware. Instead, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost for you. You get better prices on your hardware this way, and the commissions help us keep our subscription rates low.