How to enable gift cards
In order to use gift cards, make sure it has been enabled under "Settings".
- Go to "Settings" at the top right.
- Under "Store Policies", make sure that "Gift Card" is checked under "Permitted Payment Types".
- Save your settings by scrolling to the bottom and clicking "Update your store settings".
- Go to "+ Add Sale" and ensure that "gift card" is listed next to your other payment buttons.
How to issue a gift card
- Go to "+ Add Sale".
- Click on "gift card" on the bottom left corner.
- Click on "Issue a New Gift Card."
- Scan or type in your gift card's barcode.
- Add an amount and, if you want, a note.
- Add the gift card to the sale by clicking "Add Gift Card".
- Finish the sale as you normally would.
Redeeming gift cards
To redeem a gift card in a sale,
- Begin the sale as you would normally, scanning items.
- Click "gift card" when you are ready to use the gift card.
- Click "Redeem a Gift Card".
- Scan or type in the barcode.
- Finalize the sale.
Updating the balance of a gift card
To add more credit to a gift card,
- Go to "Sales".
- Click on "View Gift Cards" on the left sidebar.
- Search for the barcode of the gift card.
- Click on the barcode.
- Update the amount.