My receipt is long and it has a URL at the bottom!
It happens to the best of us. Sometimes Star TSP100s forget they are receipt printers and think they are Tolstoy. But it's pretty easy to fix! If you're using Chrome, it's as simple as:
(1) Click on a receipt and wait for it to load. When the print dialog pops up, scroll down until you see "More Settings". Click on that. (Make sure you've selected the "Star TSP100" as your printer.)
(2) Once there, you should see a dropdown for "Margins". It is probably set to "Default". Set it, instead, to "None".
Try printing now, and it should be nice and snug! No URL, no wasted paper, no nothing but your receipt. Thankfully, once you've done this, you don't have to do it again.
If you are using Firefox, however, it's a little more complicated.
(1) In Firefox, on the right-hand side near the top, you should see a hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines). Click on that and select "Print" from the buttons. (It doesn't matter what page you're on.)
Not seeing a hamburger menu? No idea what I'm talking about? Consider getting the latest version of Firefox.
Here, the instructions deviate for Mac and Windows. On Windows,
(2) Once there, you should see a Print Preview sort of page. Click on "Page Setup" at the top.
(3) Make sure that "Shrink to Fit" is checked. Then click on the tab for Margins.
(4) Once there, you should see an image of a page with four numbers on each side. Type "0" in each box and save the settings.
(2) Once you've opened that hamburger menu and clicked on "Print", just look to the bottom of the dialog for the "Page Headers" and "Page Footers" menu. Set everything to "blank".
Now, try printing again from Firefox and the problem should be solved! Those pesky margins, I tell you.
My printer won't print anything at all! It just sits there.
There could be several things going wrong. Which of the following describes your problem?
My printer doesn't have any green light underneath "Power" on the front display. It's either not plugged into your computer (the USB cord) or it's not plugged into the wall. Make sure of both of those things. If you've done both of those things, double-check that the on/off switch in the back is set to the "on" position. If it still isn't working, you may have a defective printer and you should call Star Micronics.
My printer used to print fine, but it's now stopped altogether. Could be a few things. First off, if you're in Windows, go to "Devices and Printers" and then right click on the printer to see the print jobs. In Mac, you should be able to search for that printer and see its print jobs. It could be that there's one ghost print job that's still trying to print and blocking all your other ones. Clear all of them (right click and cancel, usually).
It also could be a case of the jams, but that's easy to fix. Just open the printer, get rid of any crinkled paper, and then it's smooth sailing.
That's not the problem. It STILL won't print! It could just be time to restart your printer by unplugging and plugging it in again. Try unplugging and plugging the USB cable (the one that connects to your computer). Also consider restarting your computer.
Arg. It's still not working. Can I even trust this article any more? Well, give this article one more shot. Try uninstalling and re-installing your Star driver. It could have been a defective download. If that doesn't yield any luck at all, please reach out to us and reach out to Star Micronics.
My receipt goes on forever and ever.
Here's a great article on fixing that!
Everything is uber small. And hard to read.
Actually, the article linked above addresses that too!
My logo isn't showing up.
This may be a good reason to contact support. But it could be that your logo has spaces in it? Try to ensure there aren't any spaces in the file name.
My receipt is perfect and it's everything I dreamt of.
Sure it is. If it were, you wouldn't still be reading this article. If your question wasn't answered in this tutorial, please feel free to reach out to ConsignCloud via our chat bubble at the bottom-right corner of the screen!