Frequent communication with your customers and suppliers can help drive a lot of business in your store — each communication creates an impression that reminds people of your business and its value to them. The resale industry provides many stores with unique opportunity to reach another audience, suppliers, who are often very valuable customers themselves. ConsignCloud provides you with tools, like customizable emails, to help you take advantage of these opportunities.
Customizing ConsignCloud's automatic emails to fit your brand ensures that you get the greatest possible benefit out of these features. This article covers the most important customizations.
Note: by default, all emails are turned off — see below for instructions on how to enable a given email template.
Automatic emails include some brand elements like your logo and preferred colors. Setting these up will make the visual email editor more accurate and give you a better idea of what your customers and suppliers will see when they receive an email. To set up your brand preferences:
- In ConsignCloud, go to Menu » Settings » Emails.
- Upload your header image or logo by clicking Email Header Image. Images must be in .jpg or .png format and we recommend 300px by 300px. Images can't be larger than 520px wide.
- Pick an email accent color to be used in the header and footer of your emails. You can pick a color from the provided palette, or enter a hexadecimal color code (like #FFFFFF) in the box below the palette to use a custom color.
- Enter an optional footer message consistent with your brand, like "Thank you for your business!"
- Enter links to your business page on the most popular social networks, if you have them. Social icons are included in the bottom of every email, making it easier for your audience to find and follow you.
Email template customization
After your brand settings are entered, you can customize the specific text used in the automatic emails ConsignCloud sends for you. Customizing these portions ensures a consistent brand personality, and also allows you to include instructions specific to your unique store policies. To customize your email templates:
- In ConsignCloud, go to Menu » Settings » Emails » Templates.
- Ensure the enabled toggle is turned on for the emails you want to send.
- Click the edit icon of the email template you'd like to change. It's at the far right of each template row in the table.
- Emails include different combinations of text blocks and data blocks. Data blocks are tables like the items in a sale receipt or the items received for consignment, and they cannot be edited. Text blocks can be changed. Click the edit button (it looks like a pen and paper) next to a text block to change the text of the email, and click the checkmark when you're done.
- If you'd like to turn off any of these emails store-wide, use the Enabled toggle in the list of templates to turn it off. These will turn off all notifications of this type for all accounts. Note: If you'd like to turn off notifications for a single account, that's possible too. Go to the account's detail page and edit their notification preferences.
- By default, Items Received, Items Received, and Items Sold emails are batched and sent out the following morning. If you'd like to turn off batching, you can do that from the Email Template editor.